NonYouth Alliance

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NonYouth Alliance
NonYouth Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

A few tips for buidling up towns

Go down

A few tips for buidling up towns Empty A few tips for buidling up towns

Post  Kengi Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:50 pm

Here's a few things I learned by playing around or from other Evony sites and players that I found to be useful when building up my town, resources, and research. Remember, though, that I'm still a nub, so take anything I write here with a grain of salt and please correct anything I get wrong so we don't disseminate bad info to our members.

1. Look for good a few good heroes.

This may seem obvious, but there are some finer points. Get your feasting hall up to a level so you can have at least a few heroes lying around. Remember, though, that they have an hourly salary, so be careful about how many you hire at first when money is tight. (Money gets MUCH more abundant later.)

Now hire a hero high in Politics and appoint him mayor. If you spot one higher in your inn, grab him if he's a low enough level to afford. The higher the politics level, the faster your building will be constructed. If you are safe from attack, leave this hero in since he will also produce a resource bonus for you.

When getting ready to recruit troops in your barracks, however, you should temporarily appoint your hero with the highest Attack strength to be mayor. That will reduce the time it will take to recruit troops. As soon as you are done queuing up your new recruits, make your high Politics hero mayor again. You don't need to wait for the troops to be finished. Just queue them up while the Attack hero is mayor.

And, of course, grab a hero high in intelligence for scouting and for appointing before ordering research at your academy.

There are reasons for a well balance hero, but to get started quick, you mainly need heroes with individual high stats.

2. Plan your builds.

Again, seems obvious, but does require a little forethought. If you have 45 minutes before you leave the house in the morning, get on Evony first thing and make sure that you get some construction/research going. Hopefully something less that 45 minutes. Then, before you leave, get something going that takes about as long as you plan on being away for. With a little planning and luck, you can keep things going almost 24/7 even though you aren't in front of your PC all the time.

When in the house, I set an alarm on my phone to go off when a major build or research is to be completed so I know to get something else going. Seems extreme, but did help me.

And remember, wall fortifications and troop recruits can be queued up for hours ahead of time if you have the resources.

3. Pay attention to research.

OK, being a teacher this one is near and dear to me, but did pay off. Research is like a force multiplier. You get MUCH more of everything by getting some basic research out of the way.

4. Concentrate on resources, especially lumber, at first. If you have plenty of resources, you stop paying attention to what most things need and can just plan your builds based on the time you will be at your PC. You may want a higher barracks now, but it may be better to get more sawmills going before your think about attacking everything around you.
Kengi
Kengi

http://www.roadtripamerica.net/

Back to top Go down