NonYouth Alliance

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NonYouth Alliance
NonYouth Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Indiana Kengi and the Wall of Doom

2 posters

Go down

Indiana Kengi and the Wall of Doom Empty Indiana Kengi and the Wall of Doom

Post  Kengi Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:11 pm

Spears of light gently shifted around through the dust that still hung in the air. Sweat dropped off Indy's brow as he set down the Sawzall, not even noticing the soft crunch as it came to a rest at his feet. It was dark in there.

Tentatively, Indy shown the torch into the dark recess he had just uncovered. Something was down there. He squinted for a better look. His face started to drop, smoothing the creases on his forehead. Turning slowly away he uttered "Plumbing! Why did it have to be plumbing?"

I'd have preferred snakes. Just working on plumbing in a 100+ year old house. Not fun at all. Got the plumbing wall open and found that they had put a 1.25" brass pipe into a larger cast iron tee by melting lead into the tee and setting the pipe in.

To replace that brass section I'll need to cut the cast iron tee out, put in a couple of compression fittings, then a new tee.

NOTHING in plumbing EVER goes the way you expect...
Kengi
Kengi

http://www.roadtripamerica.net/

Back to top Go down

Indiana Kengi and the Wall of Doom Empty Re: Indiana Kengi and the Wall of Doom

Post  Gareth the Great Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:28 pm

what I hate is when ya fix one leak and three more spring up elsewhere.

That lead joint is a common one, molten lead poured over oakum stuffed between the pipes. seen it several times. and i think its still used today in certain instances. Although couplers are readily available
Gareth the Great
Gareth the Great

Location : (this thing calculated my age after I entered my birthdate - turns out i'm a year younger than I thought i was. Absentmindedness has its advantages) Location: I'm 40miles North of Louisville. The TV weatherman calls it "Kentuckiana"

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum