NonYouth Alliance

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NonYouth Alliance
NonYouth Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

2 posters

Go down

New Member Empty New Member

Post  Kengi Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:19 pm

Hello all,

I know these forums are a bit new to the alliance, but, as a new member, I hope they start to get used more. I hate chat (since I think and type slow) and do much better with forums.

I was paranoid about being attacked when the one week nub grace period ended so I built resources and walls as fast as I could, which is why my prestige went up so fast. I also did stupid things like set an alarm on my phone to remind me when research and construction was due to be finished so I could keep things going for as near to 24 hours per day as possible. It helped that I got flu the first week and was in bed next to my laptop for long periods of time.

I live in Chicago, but, as I mentioned in chat, have a Norwegian heritage and have always loved Nordic mythology. I was tempted into joining VOA because of that. When asked what I do for a living I usually either say "teacher" or "system boy." I teach college courses, but only as an adjunct professor. The lowest of the low in universities. I also do IT consulting but things have been VERY slow in the IT world for me over the past nine months. I really should get another job soon or learn to live on Ramen noodles.

This is my first MMOG. I have, however, been a gamer all my life. I started with board games like Diplomacy and Platoon Leader. A friend of mine got an Atari 5100 and I got hooked on computer games. Really fell in love when the first 3D games came out like Wolfenstein 3D.

A few years back I formed and ran on online gaming clan for Halo PC. Our team (Team Asgard) played in the TWL amateur league. We ended up ranked third overall and often worked our way to #1 in several of the ladders. Eventually that burned me out and I've been avoiding online gaming since.

My favorite game is the Grand Theft Auto series. Just awesome...

As for Evony, I'm just joined your alliance, but am still up in Moravia. I need to finish up some of my defenses that I let slip by the wayside and get my resource levels up again by plundering a few NPC cities. I plan on teleporting in the next couple of days.

Thanks for letting me join!

Last edited by Kengi on Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kengi
Kengi

http://www.roadtripamerica.net/

Back to top Go down

New Member Empty Re: New Member

Post  *shannon* Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:51 pm

Welcome!

Sounds like you'll be a very useful member!

I'll add a little to the personal stuff,

I'm soon to be 32, live in perhaps the dullest town in the UK and work in an archive. I've worked as a field archaeologist most of my professional life prior to this, and would love to go back but there's very little work in construction at the moment and it would be foolish to give up the steady job with a pension I have now. I have become old and sensible!

I found evony while downloaded a civilisation IV mod. I've been playing just over two weeks, had some leave the first week so put a lot of time in then.

I don't have any prior online gaming experience. I have purposefully avoided that sort of thing as I know I would waste far too much time on it!

*shannon*

Back to top Go down

Post  Kengi Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:37 pm

I always wanted to be an archeo-anthropologist. Very cool field. Not much pay. If I ever win the lottery, that will be my career choice.
Kengi
Kengi

http://www.roadtripamerica.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down